BREAKING NEWS! 1/1/23: Enrolling now for the 2023-2024 school year! Click enroll NOW button above to be redirected to our enrollment forms. 9/14/22: On September 14, Three Rivers School District voted unanimously to approve KCA! We will open in Fall 2023. We are open to students entering grades 9, 10, and 11 for the 2023-2024 school year. Grade 12 will be added in 2024-2025. The priority enrollment window is scheduled for January-March, 2023. If we receive more applications than space allows, a lottery will be held in early April 2023.
KCA is a public, free charter school being forged by a group of local teachers who are deeply committed to our home, the Illinois Valley of Southern Oregon.
- Sponsored by Three Rivers School District to provide families with an alternative option for high school in the rural Illinois Valley region
- Vision guided by four principles:
- Youth Leadership Grows Genuine Confidence;
- Creative Expression is a Human Right;
- Rural Communities Count;
- Multiple Perspectives Build a Better World
- Performing, fine and literary arts, with arts-based integration into all classes and community collaborations to enhance real-world learning opportunities
- Place-based learning brings our classes on frequent trips off campus into our local community hubs and natural spaces
- Youth decision making, restorative justice and social emotional learning empower and support KCA students’ school experience
- Average class size of 15 students, a 15:1 student to educator ratio, and 15 students per grade
- Hot school breakfast and lunch will be provided to students, made from scratch with mostly organic, natural and locally sourced ingredients
- KCA, like other public schools, serves all students, including English Language Learners, houseless students, students with disabilities, students who have dropped out, and students who are young parents
Have questions? We’d love to hear from you!
KCA Office Contact Information
KCA Office Phone (541) 630-4522
KCA Office Email firstname.lastname@example.org
KCA Staff Directory
Kaci Elder, Teacher Leader email@example.com
Melissa DeNardo, Teacher Leader firstname.lastname@example.org
Ryan Forsythe, Teacher Leader email@example.com
Kimiko Maglio, Board Chairperson firstname.lastname@example.org