Well, that was fun! Thanks again to everyone who came out to our Kick-UP! event, where we kicked off our plans for a new free public charter high school for the Illinois Valley. Approximately 30-35 people attended, enjoying a sneak preview of the upcoming Quaketown show, a fun and informative skit, and let’s not forget free pizza and salad.
We also had the opportunity for attendees to sign up for our first committees. But lest you think you had to be there to get in on the ground floor of our committees, we’re here to tell you otherwise. You can check out our committees below, and still lend a hand:
Here’s our committees, along with expected time commitment, and committee chairs:
- AESTHETICS (4-12 hours/month, committee chair Gina)
- BUDGET / FINANCE (2-5 hours/month, committee chair Ryan)
- COMPLIANCE (food, transportation, special education; 2-5 hours/month, committee chair Kaci)
- CURRICULUM & CHARTER (2-5 hours/month, committee chair Kaci)
- FACILITIES / SPACE (2-4 hours/month, committee chair Ryan)
- FUNDRAISING (4-12 hours/month, committee chair Gina)
- GOVERNANCE (2-8 hours/month, committee chair: Gina)
If you are interested in helping us achieve another high school option for the I.V., with a performing arts underlying much of the program, please consider getting in touch. We’d be happy to talk to you about these committees and how you can help us. You can email us at KalmiopsisCommunityArts@gmail.com.
Thank you for your time and support!