Visit the complete newsletter here or read below for a sneak preview…
Newsletters will include a mix and match from the following:
- Three Rivers School District Updates – The TRSD school board has our fate in their hands! Learn the latest news regarding our charter proposal.
- Action Steps – What can you do to help KCA reach opening day?
- KCA Student News – Hey young people! We’re not waiting until opening day before reaching out to you, too!
- A Piece of the Proposal – Our proposal is long (171 pages!), so we’ll pick a piece of the proposal to unpack, focusing on things that make KCA unique.
- Humanizing the Standards – Let’s be real, “the standards” causes quite the reaction from many people. We’ll pick an Oregon educational standard and show ways our classes will integrate the standard with creativity, youth autonomy, and a community arts focus.
- Charter School Conversations – What is a charter school? We’ll address a question or two about the definition, composition, history and controversies of the charter school movement in the United States.
- Fun and Miscellany – Who doesn’t need a little fun and/or miscellany in their day?
Three Rivers School District Updates
KCA Proposal Submitted! On December 10, 2021 a 171-page proposal was submitted to Superintendent Dave Valenzuela and members of the Three Rivers School District board.
- January board meeting 1/19 – public comments are welcome!
- February board meeting 2/16 – the board decides whether the proposal is complete
- Public hearing 4/6 – the BIG day to come out and show your support
- May board meeting 5/18 – the board decides whether to approve or deny our charter
For a neat-o flow chart of the charter approval process, click here.
Read the rest of the newsletter here!